Choose a nail polish in the color of your choice.
- Choose a nail polish that isn't too old - older nail polishes will become thick and gloopy and you'll find them harder to paint your nails with. If you're not sure how long the nail polish you're looking at has lived, flip the bottle upside down and if it seems thick and gloopy it's old. Another way you can tell it's old is if you open the bottle and lift the brush up and the nail polish seems like slime (slimy, goopy).
- If you really want to salvage an old nail polish that has become thick, add nail polish thinner to the old polish.
Avoid storing nail polish in direct sunlight.
2Pick a place to paint. When choosing a place to paint your nails, go for a clean, stable surface in a well-lit room. A study desk or the kitchen table are good options, just make sure to put some paper towel beneath your hand so you don't get any polish on the surface. The room should also be well ventilated, as fumes from nail polish and nail polish remover are not good for your health
- Gather the necessary supplies. Gather some cotton balls or rounds or professional tissues, some q-tips, nail polish remover, nail clippers, a nail file, a cuticle stick and a bottle of clear nail polish. Having all of these items easily at hand will speed up the nail painting process and minimize the chances of you smudging a nail.
Take off any excess nail polish. Soak a cotton ball in some nail polish remover and hold it against the nail for ten seconds. Then swipe the cotton ball along the nail to remove the polish. Use a q-tip soaked in nail polish remover to get rid of any polish trapped around the edges.It is recommended to use professional tissue instead of cotton balls as the tiny cotton pieces may get onto your nail if your nails have not dried.
- Even if you don't have any nail polish on, you should still swipe some nail polish remover over your nails before you begin painting, to get rid of any natural oils on your nails. This will allow the polish to go on smoothly and help the color to last longer.
Apply a base coat of clear nail polish. Applying a base coat of clear polish is one of the best things you can do when painting your nails. A base coat will give your chosen polish a smooth surface to stick to, will help the color last longer and will protect your nails from becoming stained by the colored polish. Allow the base coat to become fully dry to the touch before proceeding.
- You don't need to be too careful when applying the base coat -- it's okay if some of the clear polish gets on your skin as nobody will be able to tell since there's no color!
- There are two different types of specialized base coat polishes available - one is a ridge filler, which smooths the nails and provides an even, matte surface for painting on, the other is a strengthener, which protects the nails and helps them to grow longer and stronger. If you like, you can apply a layer of each!
Bamboo Bathtub Tray
After a long day, there is nothing like a long soak in a bathtub. Take bathtime to the next level with our bamboo bathtub tray! Our platform has specific built in slots made for your tablet, cellphone, snacks, beverage, and other toiletries. Enjoy a nice long bath with a long movie or a good book with our bamboo bathtub tray!
Aquaterior Bamboo Bathtub Bathroom Tray