Yescomusa: Quick and Healthy St. Patrick's Day Dishes
Easy and Delicious St. Patrick Days Dishes
St. Patrick’s Days is more than just green hats and cold beverages, it is also about the food! There are many traditional St. Patrick’s Day foods you can cook easily at home! Using a heavy duty, countertop griddle you can recreate classic dishes with little to no clean up! Whether you’re searing meat or cooking vegetables this stainless steel kitchen appliance features splash guards and a grease trap so you can effortlessly cook large meals. Let Yescomusa help you get started with these easy-to-make St. Patrick’s Day Dishes!
with thermostatic control allows you to adjust the temperature from 122°F to 572°F. Perfect for cooking vegetables, meat, grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, etc.
Why You Need a Griddle
There are many reasons to get a countertop griddle. These heavy duty appliance especially help around the holidays. Griddle's not only help with preparing St. Patrick's Day dishes, but griddles are also handy at Thanksgiving as well.
Golden Brown Hashbrown
Hashbrowns are tasty and easy to make! This potato dish is the perfect addition to any meal at any time of day. Let’s get started!
- Shredded potato
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Remove the access water from the shredded potato by wrapping it in a cheesecloth or clean fabric and give it a firm squeeze over the sink.
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high the add the vegetable oil.
- Put the potato shavings in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix until the seasoning is evenly spread and use your hands to shape into hash brows.
- When the oil begins to sizzle, add the hash browns
- Griddle the hash browns for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy
Asparagus is healthy and scrumptious! It makes a great side for lunch, dinner, and can easily be made with a countertop griddle! Here’s how:
- 12oz Medium Asparagus
- Vegetable Oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus and boil in a pan of salted water for 3 minutes. Then drain the asparagus and place in ice-cold water to stop the cooking and lock in the color. Once cooled, pat the vegetables dry.
- Heat your griddle to high heat.
- Lightly coat the asparagus spears in oil and arrange them in a single layer on the griddle
- Lower heat to medium and cook the spears for 3-4 minutes. Turn the spears until they are tender.
- Place asparagus on a plate and sprinkle a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Be sure to serve while hot.
Kielbasa Hot Potato Slaw
Potato dishes are popular this time of year! If you never had kielbasa hot potato slaw then you’re missing out! This spicy, filling treat makes a great side or can be enjoyed on its own!
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium red potatoes (about 8 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- Mix cornstarch, cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl until it is smooth.
- Heat your griddle to medium-high heat.
- Add turkey, potatoes, onions, red pepper, and bacon. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until turkey is lightly browned.
- Add water and bouillon. Cook until potatoes are tender. Add coleslaw and mixed occasionally.
- Stir in the cornstarch then mix until the sauce is thick
Griddle Lamb with Spiced Potatoes
Lamb is a meat commonly found in Irish dishes. It can be used for a myriad of food including Irish stew, lamb and chickpea salad, and our favorite griddled lamb with spiced potatoes! This is how it’s done:
- 1 ½kg new potatoes, halved (or quartered depending on size)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 preserved lemons (we used Belazu), flesh removed and skin finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 8 lamb chops
- bunch mint, leaves chopped
- peas or salad, to serve
- Boil potatoes in a large pan with saltwater. Cook until tender, drain, and add 1 tsp of oil, garlic, lemon, and cumin to keep warm
- Coat the lamb chops in the remaining oil and seasoning. Heat the griddle to medium-high and cook on each side for at least 3 minutes.
- Season potatoes and mix in the mint.
- Serve the griddled lamb with potatoes, peas, and or salad.
Want to Try Something New?
- Get Ready for Oktoberfest: Traditional Deep-Fried Bavarian Foods. Oktoberfest is the time of celebration, cold beverages, and delicious foods! Check out these crunchy deep-fried recipes we know you'll love!
- 5 Obligatory Irish Foods You Should Be Eating on St. Patrick's Day. Try these traditional St. Patrick Day Foods.
Save More this Summer with Yescomusa
Afraid you'll miss that summer sale? Start saving now! YESCOM covers all your backyard needs with our exclusive Early Bird Sale! Access all our new outdoor products now and get our best prices throughout the entire season!
This year, we’re beginning our summer sale early. Starting now until March 31st, all Yescomusa rewards members will receive 15% off any 3 outdoor living pieces when you use the coupon code YESbird15! Get your backyard ready for the summer, today!
Yecomusa, Your Wholesale Supplier
Are you interested in wholesale products? Then you know that not all wholesale distributors are created equal. While many wholesale vendors have suffered during 2020, we have strived by putting the needs of our customers first. Not only have been able to withstand the negatives of 2020 but we’ve actually grown our wholesale client base.
Though 2020 has presented many wholesale suppliers with challenges such as slow delivery, low inventory, and staffing issues we have kept the focus on our wholesale buyers and provided them with various options that we are sure will help them succeed. Whether you have a home business, retail store front, or offer a service, Yescomusa can help. Check out our office supplies, home goods, sporting goods, and electronics. We have what you need for your business.
Small Kitchen Appliances
The home is where the heart is and your kitchen is where the soul resides. Nothing is better than a delicious, homecooked meal. If you’re going to delight your tastebuds, however, you’re going to need the right kitchen equipment and cooking appliances! If you’re looking to shop for wholesale kitchen supplies or cooking appliances then we’re the website for you. Whether you’re shopping for your small business or restaurant, we have heavy-duty deep fryers to icy snow cone-making machines and every other small kitchen appliance you can think of.
- Marc Mendoza